|February 11 (3pm ET)
|February 20 (3pm ET)
|Public voting period
|July 11-13, Philadelphia
What to submit
The Screening Series runs throughout the conference, presenting films, short videos and discussions on the use of film and video in progressive organizing. The Screening Series includes premieres of full-length works, film showcases, discussions about grassroots film production and distribution, and interviews with filmmakers and activists.
Due to limited time, we show very few full-length features. Instead, we highlight films—both finished and in-progress—through a series of showcases, where filmmakers have 15 minutes to show clips, answer questions, solicit ideas and feedback, and seek alliances.
Please only submit films that you have the rights to present. If you wish to suggest a film for inclusion that’s not yours, email the title of the film and why we should reach out to the filmmakers to email@example.com.
Organizer roles and responsibilities
- You may be asked to send a screener to the selection committee in order to help make final decisions. A mailing address will be provided at that time.
- Because we have more than 400 speakers each year, we ask that speakers pay a small registration fee to help us cover the cost of attending. The earlybird speaker rate is $140 for the full conference (less than the cost of a day pass). We offer exemptions to this policy based on need. Information on how to request a complimentary speaker pass will be sent once sessions are accepted.
- FOR FULL FILM SCREENINGS: If needed, organizers may request up to two complimentary speaker passes for the filmmaker(s) and/or producers to speak at the screening.
- Participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about our hotel block can be found here.
- If you’re selected to participate in the Screening Series and you’ve already purchased a registration to attend Netroots Nation, our refund policy applies.
- There are a lot of things going on during a session block, so we encourage you to promote your session in advance through blog posts, social media and listservs.
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.