I hope you were able to tune in to our live stream of Netroots Nation Day 2. If you aren’t able to watch in real time, you can still catch some of the action from St. Louis on our website and Facebook page throughout the weekend.
NETROOTS NATION HIGHLIGHTS
• This morning’s keynote (with NextGen Climate’s Tom Steyer, the NAACP’s Jacqui Patterson, Green for All’s Michelle Romero and Environmental Action’s Anthony Rogers-Wright) on the intersection of climate change and environmental justice) was a deep dive into what needs to happen to stem the effects of climate change for our most vulnerable communities.Click here to watch the archived stream and check out our Medium wrap-up.
• Friday afternoon’s Digital CultureSHIFT keynote focused on using technology to build power for racial justice movements. Rashad Robinson, Linda Sarsour, Autumn Marie, Joe Torres, Cayden Mak, Samhita Mukhopadhyay and Malkia Cyril dug into how big data and digital technology can build power for long-term social change or—if unchecked—enforce a new era of Jim Crow. Click here to watch the archived stream and check out our Medium wrap-up.
• Click here to view photos from yesterday (and tag yourself and your friends).
FOLLOW-AT-HOME GUIDE FOR SATURDAY
The following keynotes and panels will be streaming live today (all times are Central). Players are available here, and full descriptions of each session are postedhere.
9 to 10:15 a.m.
- How the Next President Can Bust Up Big Corporations (Keynotes and Breakout Room A Player)
- #WomenVote #BreakingThrough: Building Power for Systemic Change to Lift Our Nation (Breakout Room B Player)
10:30 to 11:45 a.m.
- Not Your Wedge Issue: The State of Abortion Access and Reproductive Justice (Keynotes and Breakout Room A Player)
1:30 to 2:45 p.m.
- TPP: Trade “Trump-ing” the Election [Voter Pick] (Keynotes and Breakout Room A Player)
- We’re Taking on Wall Street and the Big Banks (Breakout Room B Player)
3 to 4:15 p.m.
- #AskaSista: Black Women Muse on Politics, Policy, Pop Culture and Scholarship (Keynotes and Breakout Room A Player)
- ALEC’s Three-pronged Attack on Working Families and Communities of Color (Breakout Room B Player)
4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Closing keynote (Keynotes and Breakout Room A Player)
You can also catch special videos and content from TWiB throughout the day on the TWiB Stage player.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
To catch the action on Twitter, follow @Netroots_Nation and search the #nn16 hashtag. You can also follow the action in Spanish (@netroots_es).
About The Author
Communications director of Netroots Nation and Netroots Foundation.