Do you have an idea for a panel or training session you’d like to see on the agenda this August in Pittsburgh? It’s time to submit your proposal!
Click here for the guidelines and submission form.
We want to highlight the work being done by activists and organizations around the country, from national campaigns to local grassroots organizing, as well as to shine a light on what’s happening on the ground in Pittsburgh.
You can submit on any topic, but here are a few of the areas we’re looking to emphasize this year:
- Conversations about protecting democracy both here and abroad
- Discussions about the upcoming 2022 midterms and strategies to win
- Sessions about current events and issues (examples: the war in Ukraine, COVID, the economy, addressing climate change, attacks on reproductive justice, and racial justice)
- Trainings that help newer activists grow into successful organizers
- Advanced trainings that focus on cutting-edge tools and techniques
Please consider diversity as well as how your session could empower others to take what they’ve heard and use it in their own work. In the submission form, we ask a few demographic questions. We do this to help ensure that our speaker lineup each year is diverse and fully representative of the progressive movement.
By submitting a proposal, you’re taking responsibility as the organizer of the session. We’ll guide you along the way, but ultimately it’ll be your baby.
We’ll host a couple of webinars in the coming weeks to go over tips and guidelines and give you time to ask questions. (The webinars are March 29 and April 7 at 3pm ET; you can sign up for either webinar by clicking the date.) The deadline for submissions is Thursday, April 14.
About The Author
Communications director of Netroots Nation and Netroots Foundation.