The submission period for 2022 has ended and we’re now reviewing sessions. If you submitted a session, you can expect to hear back from us by the end of May. If you have questions in the meantime, email us at email@example.com.
What To Submit
We’re looking for trainings that are practical, forward-thinking, and dynamic. Proposals should appeal to:
- Independent activists—both newbies and activists with more experience
- Professional organizers—folks who work for small to large progressive nonprofit organizations
- Candidates—Especially those who are running for office for the first time
We’d love to receive submissions on the following topics, but don’t let this list limit your creativity:
- Effective advocacy techniques
- Identifying targets and theory of change
- The future of online organizing
- New media tools, digital advertising and social media
- Using data to win campaigns and measure success
- Effective messaging strategy
Things to Remember
- The most cohesive trainings are usually given by only one or two people. For that reason, training sessions are limited to no more than two trainers.
- Session blocks are 60 minutes. We’ll do our best to accommodate scheduling needs of your trainers but cannot guarantee time slots.
- Because we have hundreds of speakers each year, we are unable to offer all speakers free registrations. However, we will work to ensure that cost is not a barrier for participation. Information on how to request a waiver will be sent to session organizers once sessions are selected.
- We strive for full inclusion and favor sessions that offer a range of diversity (ethnicity, gender, age, viewpoint, geography, etc.).
- Vendors: Our community can tell when trainings are essentially promotions of a particular tool or service, and they will voice their frustrations. Please keep that in mind when crafting your submission.
Organizer Roles and Responsibilities
- Trainers are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about our hotel block can be found here.
- If you’re selected to lead a training and you’ve already purchased a registration to attend Netroots Nation, our refund policy applies.
- There are many things going on during a session block, so we encourage you to promote your training in advance through blog posts, social media and listservs.
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.