As we continue to keep a close eye on the latest COVID-19 developments, we are working to ensure that NN21 is safe and accessible for as many people as possible. We will follow the guidance of the CDC and adjust our conference logistics as needed.
As of August 1, our safety protocols for in-person attendance are as follows:
ALL in-person attendees MUST:
• Provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or
• Apply for a medical waiver and provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The test must have been taken within 72 hours of the first day you join us onsite.
Documentation will be checked daily upon entry. A photo of your vaccination card or negative test result saved to your phone is sufficient.
• As of Saturday, July 31, all people over age two MUST wear a mask indoors in Washington, D.C., regardless of vaccination status.
• Attendees must follow the safety protocols and guidelines set forth by the host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill.
• The Netroots Nation registration area will be a minimal contact area.
• We will employ frequent sanitization of all common areas of the convention space.
VACCINATION + TESTING FAQ
When is my last chance to receive the vaccine?
In-person attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be fully vaccinated in time for Netroots Nation, you’ll need to have received your last Moderna or Pfizer (or single Johnson & Johnson) dose 14 days prior to your arrival date. For attendees coming from outside the United States, the AstraZeneca vaccine is acceptable.
What are the protocols for children?
All attendees, including children of all ages, must have a negative COVID-19 test or provide proof of vaccination, if eligible.
What kind of tests will be accepted?
Any COVID-19 test (antigen or PCR) is accepted.
When do I need to take my COVID-19 test?
The test must have been taken within 72 hours of the first day you join us onsite.
COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Netroots Nation, you expressly agree to comply with any and all rules and safety guidelines put in place by the event organizers, and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, waiving all claims and potential claims against the event organizers, and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.
DO NOT attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the conference if you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the conference, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention);
- Within 14 days prior to attending the conference, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
If we must pivot to a virtual-only event, in-person ticket holders will receive a virtual registration for 2021 and credit toward a full registration for 2022. (Alternatively, you can request to have the difference in price refunded in lieu of the 2022 registration credit.)
If you have an in-person ticket and can no longer attend due to COVID exposure or a positive test, the above policy also applies.