The submission period for Netroots Nation 2023 is now closed and the scoring process has begun. If you submitted an idea, you can expect to hear back from us around the first of April. If you have questions in the meantime, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What To Submit
We’re looking for trainings that are practical, forward-thinking, and dynamic. Proposals should appeal to:
- Independent activists—both newbies and activists with more experience
- Professional organizers—folks who work for small to large progressive nonprofit organizations
- Candidates—Especially those who are running for office for the first time
We’d love to receive submissions on the following topics, but don’t let this list limit your creativity:
- Effective advocacy techniques
- Identifying targets and theory of change
- The future of online organizing
- New media tools, digital advertising and social media
- Using data to win campaigns and measure success
- Effective messaging strategy
Things to Remember
- The most cohesive trainings are usually given by only one or two people. For that reason, training sessions are limited to no more than two trainers.
- Session blocks are 60 minutes. We’ll do our best to accommodate the scheduling needs of your trainers but cannot guarantee time slots.
- Because we have hundreds of speakers each year, we are unable to offer all speakers free registrations. However, we will work to ensure that cost is not a barrier for participation. Information on how to request a waiver will be sent to session organizers once sessions are selected.
- We strive for full inclusion and favor sessions that offer a range of diversity (ethnicity, gender, age, viewpoint, geography, etc.).
- Vendors: Our community can tell when trainings are essentially promotions of a particular tool or service, and they will voice their frustrations. Please keep that in mind when crafting your submission.
- Notification of accepted trainings will be sent out in early April. At that time, training organizers will have 2 weeks to actively confirm their trainings and any timeslot conflicts. Anyone who does not respond in those 2 weeks will have their acceptance notice rescinded.
Organizer Roles and Responsibilities
- Trainers are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about our hotel block can be found here.
- There are many things going on during a session block, so we encourage you to promote your training in advance through blog posts, social media and listservs.
- Please understand the difficulty in scheduling over 100 conference sessions. If we’re not getting responses from you in a timely manner regarding your session, we will be forced to cancel your session.
If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com.