|Submissions open||May 17|
|Submission webinar||May 19 (3pm ET)|
|Submission webinar||June 2 (3pm ET)|
|Submissions close||June 9|
|Selections announced||July 2021|
|Netroots Nation 2021||October 21-23|
What To Submit
We’re looking for training proposals that are practical, forward-thinking and dynamic. Proposals should appeal to:
- Independent activists—both newbies and activists with more experience
- Professional organizers—folks who work for small to large progressive nonprofit organizations
- Candidates—Especially those who are running for office for the first time
We’d love to receive submissions on the following topics, but please don’t let this list limit your creativity:
- Effective advocacy techniques
- Identifying targets and theory of change
- The future of online organizing
- New media tools, digital advertising and social media
- Using data to win campaigns and measure success
- Effective messaging strategy
Things to Remember
When submitting, remember:
- The most cohesive trainings are usually given by only one or two people. For that reason, training sessions are limited to no more than two trainers.
- Session blocks are 60 minutes. We’ll do our best to accommodate scheduling needs of your trainers but cannot guarantee timing.
- Because we have more than 400 presenters each year, we ask that speakers/trainers pay for their registrations. For those who need assistance, we offer subsidized registrations. This discounted earlybird trainer rate is $195 for the full conference. In addition, on a limited basis, we will waive all fees based on need. Information on how to request a complimentary pass will be sent to training organizers once sessions are accepted.
- We strive for full inclusion and favor sessions that offer a range of diversity (ethnicity, gender, age, viewpoint, geography, etc).
- Vendors: Our community can tell when trainings are essentially promotions of a particular tool or service, and they will voice their frustrations. If you’re thinking of submitting a training to promote your tool, we encourage you to instead apply for our New Tools Showcase, a well-attended event that highlights the best of tech in the movement.
Organizer Roles and Responsibilities
- Each trainer will be required to register at the speaker rate.
- For sessions that will be held in person, trainers are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about our hotel block can be found here.
- If you’re selected to lead a training and you’ve already purchased a registration to attend Netroots Nation, our refund policy applies.
- There are a lot of things going on during a session block, so we encourage you to promote your training in advance through blog posts, social media and listservs.
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.