What To Submit
We’re looking for sessions that are practical, forward-thinking and dynamic. Proposals should appeal to:
- Independent activists—both newbies and activists with more experience
- Professional organizers—folks who work for small to large progressive nonprofit organizations
- Candidates—Especially people who are running for office for the first time
We’d love to receive submissions on the following topics, but please don’t let this list limit your creativity:
- Effective advocacy techniques
- Identifying targets and theory of change
- The future of online organizing
- New media tools, especially affordable advertising, advocacy tools and social media
- Using data to win campaigns and measure success
- Growing your campaign or movement
- Effective messaging strategy
Things to Remember
When submitting, remember:
- The most cohesive trainings are usually given by only one or two people. For that reason, training sessions are limited to no more than two trainers.
- Session blocks are 75 minutes. We’ll do our best to accommodate scheduling needs of your trainers but cannot guarantee timing.
- Because we have more than 400 speakers each year, we ask that speakers pay a small registration fee to help us cover some of the cost of attendance. The earlybird speaker rate is $125 for the full conference (less than the cost of a day pass). We offer exemptions to this policy based on need. Information on how to request a complimentary speaker pass will be sent to panel organizers once sessions are accepted.
- Once the submission period closes, the public will have a chance to vote on the sessions they want to see presented in Atlanta. This public vote is one consideration used in scoring the training submissions.
- We strive for full inclusion and favor sessions that offer a range of diversity (ethnicity, gender, age, viewpoint, geography, etc). In 2016, 65% of our speakers were people of color and 65% were women.
Organizer Roles and Responsibilities
- Each trainer will be required to register at the speaker rate.
- Trainers are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about our hotel block can be found here.
- If you’re selected to lead a training and you’ve already purchased a registration to attend Netroots Nation, our refund policy applies.
- There are a lot of things going on during a session block, so we encourage you to promote your training in advance through blog posts, social media and listservs.
If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com.