The Netroots Nation Screening Series runs throughout the conference, presenting films, videos and discussions of the use of such media in progressive organizing and communications. Past series have included premieres of full-length works, showcase segments of works-in-progress, discussions about grassroots and online film production and distribution and interviews with filmmakers and activists. Click over here to check out the 2014 Screening Series sessions.
Due to the limited time and the abundance of talent and expertise, we show very few full-length features. Instead, we highlight films—finished and in-progress—through a series of showcases, where filmmakers have 15 minutes to show clips, answer questions, solicit ideas, seek alliances and supporters.
Please only submit films that you have the right to present. If instead your are offering a suggestion please just email the title of the film an da few sentences about why we should reach out to those filmmakers to panelsNN15@netrootsnation.org and use the subject line “film suggestion”
The deadline for panel and training submissions is EXTENDED to February 20, 2015.
February 18, 2015.
How are submissions chosen?
Netroots Nation Screening Series organizers will review all of the submissions, both films and sessions. We’ll be evaluating them with many of the same criteria in mind as general session proposals, so we encourage you to read those guidelines.
Organizer roles and responsibilities
- FOR SHOWCASES SCREENINGS: If needed, organizers may request a complimentary registrations for a film for the filmmaker. Participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about Netroots Nation’s hotel block can be found here.
- FOR FULL FILM SCREENINGS: If needed, organizers may request up to two complimentary registrations for the filmmaker(s) and/or producers to speak at the screening. Participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel expenses. Information about Netroots Nation’s hotel block can be found here.
- FOR OTHER SCREENING SERIES SESSIONS: For speakers on the other panels and workshops held as part of the screening series, there will be a deeply discounted registration cost. The speaker rate is just $125 for the entire conference (less than the cost of a day pass). If this presents a hardship, we will be offering a limited pool of scholarships based on need. There will be short application for waiving the speaker registration fee that will be available as we get closer to NN15. If you have more questions about this policy, email us at PanelsNN15@netrootsnation.org.
- The organizer and panelists should promote and engage on the session or film prior to Netroots Nation. This can include blog posts, tweets, diaries, social networking, etc.
- FOR FILMS: You may be required to send a screener to the selection committee in order to help make final decisions. A mailing address will be provided at that time.
If you have questions on the session submission process, please feel free to email us at panelsNN15 at netrootsnation.org