Netroots Nation events will be held at the Cobo Center and will use the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center as the headquarters hotel. See below for transportation between the venues. Netroots Nation is July 17-20, 2014.
View NN14 Detroit Hotel and Convention Center Info in a larger map
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, 400 Renaissance Drive West, Detroit, Michigan 48243. Phone: 313-568-8000 [MAP]
- Hotel Room Rates:
- Single / Double / Triple / Quad: $159
- Does not include 15% guestroom tax
- Amenity notes:
- Wifi is complimentary in guest rooms
- Refrigerator can be requested (no charge).
- Parking at the hotel:
- Parking at the Miller Parking Garage is closest to the hotel. it’s at 414 Renaissance St., Detroit, MI 48207. $20/day-self park or $25/day-valet.
- You must book your room by Thursday, June 26, 2014 to ensure you receive the group rate. Note: our blocks typically sell out early, so book ASAP!
- Click here to make your reservation for NN14 at the group rate
Hotels to AVOID:
- We encourage everyone to stay at the main hotel above, but we understand that is not always possible. The following hotels in downtown Detroit hotels are not union and you are encouraged to avoid them:
- Crowne Plaza Pontchartrain
- Doubletree Hotel
Getting between Cobo and the Renaissance Center
There are two ways to get to and from Cobo and the Renaissance Center, the People Mover and walking:
- People Mover:
- Cobo and the Renaissance Center are both stops on Detroit’s People Mover monorail public transit system. The People Mover is a 2.9 mile loop around downtown including 13 stops.
- The Renaissance Center is stop #7 and Cobo Center is stop #11. Each stop is 30-90 seconds apart.
- Fare: The People Mover is $.75 per ride
- Frequency: Trains come every 3-4 minutes.
- People Mover Hours: Monday through Thursday operating hours are 6:30 a.m. to Midnight; Friday operating hours are 6:30 a.m. to 2 a.m; Saturday operating hours are 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Sunday operating hours are Noon to Midnight.
- There’s a (flash-based) map of the people mover system here and a another version with the map as an image here.
- It’s about a half mile or 10 min walk from the hotel to the convention center.
- There are two directions you can walk Riverside or down Jefferson Ave:
- Riverside: Walk out the hotel on the river side and turn right, walk along the river until you get to the convention center. You can enter on the river side and NN is just inside those doors.
- Jefferson: The other option for walking is down Jefferson. The Marriott is 3 blocks from Cobo Center. Walk out the front of the Renaissance Center and take a left on Jefferson. You’ll walk adjacent to Hart Plaza and right into the Jefferson entrance of Cobo. Both buildings are in view the entire time.
- You can also view walking instructions on google maps or a marked up satellite image showing the way.
- For those needing assistance:
- We are currently researching how to make sure Netroots Nation (and the route between it) is accessible to everyone. Watch this space for more details.
- Cobo Center Info
- Cobo Center is located at 1 Washington Blvd. Detroit, MI 48226. 313-877-8777 [MAP]
- Cobo Center parking information and directions can be found here.