We’re excited to be bringing the New Tools Shootout back to Netroots Nation again. This year we’re stepping it up a notch. Just a few of the upgrades this year include:
- A reception at Grand Circus sponsored by Google
- A formal submission process to present during the event in Detroit
- Awards in four categories with recognition of the winners during our closing keynote session
So here’s what you need to know to participate this year.
First and foremost, make sure you’re planning to attend the event. It’ll be held at Grand Circus (1570 Woodward Avenue) on Saturday, July 19 from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Selected presenters will pitch the audience during the event and the audience will vote for their favorites. And Google will be providing food and drink as people mingle or watch presentations.
If you’d like to submit your product or technology to be considered for a presentation then check out our rules below and you’ll find a link to the application.
- You have until the end of the day on June 20th to submit your application
- A panel of judges consisting of staff from Netroots Nation and New Media Ventures will read all the applications. We’ll notify people we’re inviting to present in Detroit on June 25th.
- If you’re selected you’ll have a few minutes to pitch the audience at the event in Detroit.
- Audience voting will determine the winner in four categories: “Best New Feature or Product”, “Best Mobile or Facebook Application”, “Best Startup Technology” and “Best Overall Organizing Technology or Product”
Ready to show us what you’ve built? Here’s the link to the application. Good luck!